Process for carrying out Structural Design
The process for carrying out structural design:
- The customer contacts Robert Blake Designs via the enquiries form, by email or by telephone, details of which can found on the contacts page.
- A qualified member of the team will contact the customer to discuss the customer’s proposal.
- The engineer will advise the best approach for carrying out the design. The customer will be advised whether an engineer would need to visit the property to carry out a structural survey specific to the customers brief or if we are able to design using architect’s drawing.
- The engineer will then prepare a design quotation for the client detailing all aspects of design to be carried out. Sample design drawings, design specification and calculations will be provided of similar projects to ensure the customer is aware of the information they are to receive.
- On acceptance of the design quotation, arrangements for carrying out the structural survey (if required) will be made.
- The design will commence and will be turned around within 7-10 working days on receipt of customer’s instruction.
Planning and structural drawings will be prepared using AutoCAD and issued as PDF documents, if the customer requires Revit (3D Model) drawings these can be prepared. The engineer can discuss this with you at the outset.
All design will be carried out in accordance with current design standards and building regulations, and documentation will be prepared to satisfy the local building inspector. Should any queries be raised by the building inspector, the engineer will liaise with the inspector to resolve any concerns.